11+ / 13+ Interview Questions
Common 11+ / 13+ interview questions which all 11+ / 13+ candidates should read before an 11+ /13+ interview.
The school interview is an increasingly important component in the 11+ / 13+ applications process.
To be put on the waiting list for our next one-to-one 8+ / 9+ / 11+ / 13+ / 16+ school interview practice sessions on 29-30th July, 26-27th August or 2-3rd September 2017 with the former Head of Admissions at Eton College, Mr William Rees, please contact us on email@example.com or click here.
Below are some of the most common 11+ / 13+ interview questions that students were asked in the past admissions cycle
1. What is your favourite / least favourite subject and why
2. Why do you want to apply to school X? What is it about school X that attracts you
3. What sport do you play? What is your favourite sport?
4. What extra-curricular activities do you do?
5. Do you play any musical instruments / have you been in any plays?
6. If you had unlimited money, what would you do with it and why?
7. What book(s) are you currently reading?
8. Who is your favourite / least favourite character in the book you are reading?
9. What book would you recommend I read and why?
10. If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be and why?
11. What story in the news in the past few months has really caught your attention and why?
12. Tell me about a real interest you have; either in or out of school
13. What do you want to be when you are older and why?
14. If you could meet any person in the world, either dead or alive, who would it be and why?
15. Do you think it is important to study history?
16. If an alien came to your school and he could only study one subject, which subject would you recommend and why?
17. What is the point of going to school?
18. If there is one thing that you would really love to learn more about, what would it be and why?
19. Tell me about your happiest / saddest moment
20. Tell me about a time when you were disappointed or embarrassed
21. If a magician could turn you into any animal that you wanted, what would you be and why?
22. What do you think is the role of a captain in a sports team?
23. Is it ever right or justifiable to lie?
24. What are you missing at school in order to be at this interview today?
25. Where have you must enjoyed visiting or travelling to. Why?
This is just a selection of some common 11+ / 13+ interview questions.
For further information on the 11+ interview process, more 11+ interview questions or on the 11+ interview practice sessions with Mr William Rees, the former Head of Admissons at Eton College, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org